The PTO is looking for two Co-Vice Presidents for the 2017-18 school year. If you are interested or would like to nominate someone, please email email@example.com.
PTO Vice President Responsibilities
Job Description: A leader with exceptional organizational and communication skills responsible for assisting the PTO President(s) in overseeing the activities and work of the PTO organization.
Qualifications: Has a good general understanding of the PTO programs, positions and functions. Good leadership skills, people skills, listening and follow through skills. Good problem solver. Demonstrates initiative.
- Review PTO Bylaws, School Charter, School Improvement Plan to insure the PTO is serving the changing needs of the school community.
- Attend at least two summer PTO Executive Board meetings to plan events for the upcoming
- school year and review the proposed annual budget. These will be brainstorming session(s) with the board and committee chairs to establish organization’s goals.
- Assist in preparing annual operating budget for PTO during the summer. This is created based on input from committee chairs and a review of past years expenses and income.
- Plan/Lead one committee of the PTO.
- Advise, direct and review the work of other PTO board or committee chairs as needed.
- With President, Treasurer, and other PTO Executive Board members, review monthly budgets and financial statements of PTO body.
- Solicit and review the Chairperson’s reports.
- Attend monthly PTO Board meetings. The PTO Vice President should miss no more than 3 board meetings throughout the school year.
- Initiate ways to improve PTO events, and the way the PTO functions, on an as-needed basis.
- Recruit committed chairs and new members.
- Maintain a binder with all information relevant to the position to be passed on to the successor. Include all relevant notices, memos, budget information, etc. Produced while executing duties of post.
- Perform other duties as requested by the PTO President and Executive Board.